Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Nothing like a fresh coat of paint to make you fall in love with your house again.

Thursday, August 19, 2010


Just when I thought the American people couldn't get any stupider.

"The number of Americans who say President Obama is a Muslim has nearly doubled since March 2009, according to a new poll from Pew out today. The poll finds that 18% of Americans say the president -- who, it should be said for the record, is a practicing Christian -- is a Muslim. That's up from 11% who said the same thing in March of last year.

At the same time, a new poll from Time magazine shows a widespread distrust of Islam among Americans, and an overwhelming opposition to the Cordoba House project in Manhattan. The Time poll also found that 24% of Americans say Obama is a Muslim.

No group is more convinced of the president's Muslim faith than conservative Republicans. The Pew poll found 34% of them say Obama is a Muslim, which is an increase from 18% in the March 2009 survey. The number is not that much different from Republicans overall -- 31% of all Republicans surveyed by Pew said Obama practices Islam, and 24% of "moderate and liberal" members of the GOP said the same thing."

I take it that Muslim is the new "nigger".


Sunday, August 01, 2010

Has It Been A Month?

Today is the first day of August or as we say here in the South, "the dog-days of August", even though we have been in high heat and humidity since I posted the first of last month.

I have been very busy working on "This Damned Old House". Just finished painting the exterior. I am currently sanding the old paint off of the front porch floor so I can stain it. I rented a floor sander that got 98% of it done but the remaining 2% has been a very slow process. I am hoping to get it ready for stain within the next few days.

The house looks great but now all I see when I look at it is the black stains on the roof. I have found that can be cleaned off with a combination of bleach and Tri-Sodium Phosphate. That is next on my agenda.

I'll post a picture when it is all complete.