Friday, May 23, 2008

Bicycle Post

I have been riding my bicycle to work for a couple of reasons. One is the price of gas. The other is that my son hit a deer with his pickup truck and it is in the shop. He has a 25 mile commute to work and I am only 5 minutes away from mine.

The weather is nice also, so why not?

I am currently riding a Raleigh mountain bike I bought several years ago from a friend who used it for his main mode of transportation for a year. There are a lot of miles on this bike. It is very tired. I hear lots of clicks, creaks and groans as I pedal it down the road. It gets me where I am going but it is time to retire it until I can give it an overhaul.

Since my birthday is in June, I ordered myself a new road bike. I received it yesterday. I got it put together but I still need to do some more adjusting and tweeking to get it road ready. The only problem I have with it is it came with pedals with straps on them. I don't know how to use them. I mean how do you get up on the bike and get your feet into these stirrups at the same time? And then how do you get your foot out of one of them when you have to come to a stop?
I'll brobably just replace them with good old-fashioned flat pedals.

I'll keep you posted with my progress with this bike.

No comments: