Monday, January 05, 2009

I Have Discovered My One Talent

If you ever see me standing in a checkout line, take my advice: Don't get behind me! I have a talent for picking the wrong line, every time.

Example - I go to Walmart to pick up just a couple of items. I see that one of the self checkout registers is open so I head for that one. But someone else beats me to it. I think that's ok he only has two jugs of Hawaiian Punch, shouldn't take long. Then I notice that he has 15 packs of Kool-Aid in his hand. God, it takes him forever to check out. With every scan he checks that it scans correctly, then he can't figure out that the register is looking for him to place the item into the bagging area. The Kool-Aid packs are light and the machine can't tell they have been put into the bag so you have to tell it to skip bagging. It's all I can do to keep cool. Finally, after 15 minutes he gets it done and I can get the hell out of there.

No comments: